- 3 tbsp sugar
– 3 tbsp Thai chili paste or Korean Hot Pepper paste
– 3 tbsp fish sauce
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 2 tbsp peanut oil, divided
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 lb lean ground beef
– 3/4 tsp crushed dried Thai chile or crushed red pepper
– Mushrooms – shiitake, oyster, combination
– 3 small baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
– 4 eggs
– steamed rice for serving
– sesame seeds, for serving, optional
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
2. Heat a large pan over high heat. Add 2 tsp oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add beef to pan. Cook 2 min or until done. Stir in soy mixture, cook 1 min or until sauce slightly thickens. Place into bowl, cover to keep warm.
3. Add 1.5 tsp oil and crushed red pepper to pan. Add mushrooms, cook for 5 min, then add bok choy. Stir-fry for 2 min or until crisp-tender. Take off heat.
4. In a nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2.5 tsp oil over medium heat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into pan and cook until whites are set, but yolks still runny, or to your liking.
5. To serve: Divide rice into 4 bowls, top with beef, mushrooms and bok choy. Top each with 1 egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!