I am obsessed with eggs. Add a fried egg to anything and it brings the dish to a higher level.
So I was excited when I stumbled across this recipe in Cooking Light.
I’ve made a few adjustments and it is my go-to dinner anytime!
The sauce is very easy, just a few ingredients (though you may need to hit up an Asian market for them) – soy sauce, Korean hot pepper paste, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil
Stir fry the beef, then add the sauce
While meat cooks, prepare your veggies.
Remove the meat, place in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Stir fry the veggies and mushrooms
While the veggies cook, fry the eggs in a nonstick skillet until desired doneness (I like a runny yolk)
Place steamed rice in 2 bowls, top with beef, veggies and egg – Enjoy!
Asian Beef with Vegetables and Fried Eggs (click here to print recipe without pictures)
- 3 tbsp sugar
– 3 tbsp Thai chili paste or Korean Hot Pepper paste
– 3 tbsp fish sauce
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 2 tbsp peanut oil, divided
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 lb lean ground beef
– 3/4 tsp crushed dried Thai chile or crushed red pepper
– Mushrooms – shiitake, oyster, combination
– 3 small baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
– 4 eggs
– steamed rice for serving
– sesame seeds, for serving, optional
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
2. Heat a large pan over high heat. Add 2 tsp oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add beef to pan. Cook 2 min or until done. Stir in soy mixture, cook 1 min or until sauce slightly thickens. Place into bowl, cover to keep warm.
3. Add 1.5 tsp oil and crushed red pepper to pan. Add mushrooms, cook for 5 min, then add bok choy. Stir-fry for 2 min or until crisp-tender. Take off heat.
4. In a nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2.5 tsp oil over medium heat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into pan and cook until whites are set, but yolks still runny, or to your liking.
5. To serve: Divide rice into 4 bowls, top with beef, mushrooms and bok choy. Top each with 1 egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!